"The lesson [Henry David Thoreau] had taught himself, and which he tried to teach others, was summed up in the one word 'Simplify.' That meant simplify the outward circumstances of your life, simplify your needs and your ambitions; learn to delight in the simple pleasures which the world of Nature affords. It meant also, scorn public opinion, refuse to accept the common definitions of success, refuse to be moved by the judgment of others. And unlike most who advocate such attitudes, he put them into practice." (Walden and Other Writings by Henry David Thoreau--Edited and with an Introduction by Joseph Wood Krutch, Bantam Books, 1962, P. 1)

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cruiser's Update


Cabo San Lucas, México.
Originally uploaded by Je Répondrai

Update from the trombone player:

Haha, I would have [told you where I was writing from] but I didn't know where I was. I was in Cabo San Lucas at the time. Sea sickness has been totally fine, no worries. . . .

Anyways, I've had some adventures for sure. I went snorkling in Peurto Vallarta and got bit (hard) by a fish. He didn't quite take a chunk out, [but] there was definitely a circle of teeth, and there was definitely a little blood! In Mazatlan we took some kind of water taxi (just a motor boat really) over to this more remote island and had some real Mexican food. . . .

Mexico is just beyond beautiful. I'm really getting a taste for travel, and can see myself doing this, or something similar for quite some time. I didn't really say, but I started playing on day one. I have been crazy busy getting ready for all the shows.

My general day consists of practicing my parts, working on my chops (my physical playing ability), listening to my parts, and doing a show. A few days a week I have training, and a few days I get to be in a port for about 6 hours. I have tons of time to just socialize in between. I've already met and got close with a lot of really cool people. Everybody is super nice with few exceptions.

. . . I'd love some questions. It'd really help me think of things to write about.


If you would like to ask Stan a question, please leave a comment here and I will get it to him. Thanks.

Thank you to Je Repondrai for the picture of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

1 comment:

Emily A. said...

Do they take husky men and women with cute babies on cruises for free?